R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 06:04 AM
ProE
Tech Adept

Artificial-I

I share your views on the R40. Great car, but we have to move on if you want to stay competitive.

I've always looked at the mugens in the pits and thought, it looks very similar to any other parts.

So I eventually got my kit(mtx-4) and I'm building it now.

You only realize the differences when you actually build the kit. It is way more easier to work on. The plastic that is used on the car is also of a better quality.

Even the small parts are better. Things such as the bladders for the shocks. I could clearly see that allot of time have been put into this car. Simple thing like linkages on the car, does not require a bold and nut at each end. They use "grub screw/studs" that turns into the plastic. The ball in the link screws directly onto the stud. Saving all the bolts and nuts. (things that could get lost.)

The pulleys on the shafts are held in place by grub screws and not those small pins that keeps on falling out when you work on the car. The whole braking mechanism is also a better design. The kit comes standard with a one way, and most of the parts to create a solid spool as well.

There are a couple of things where the R40 is better. The hara have the CVD as standard parts. with the MTX-4 it is still dog bones. The screws that holds the engine mounting onto the chassis is thinner than the R40 ones. I can see why some guys have a problem where their engines move and they strip second gears.

Please note that this is only my opinion of these cars. I'm NOT trying to get anyone to move over to the MTX-4 or another car. I'm just giving feedback on what I've seen on these two kits, for those guys that are interested in the comparisons between the cars.

I still love my R40, but the MTX-4 is catching up very Quickly.