R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2007 RCAR Hawaii Championship
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 03:42 PM
rmdhawaii
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 2007 RCAR Hawaii Championship

** This is an unofficial announcement. **

Our Club championship is currently scheduled for March 3 & 4 (Sat/Sun). If you were planning on being in Honolulu on those days, you may want to stop by and watch or participate. Our races are extremely well-organized and we have excellent rest room facilities, including showers. Box lunch (Bento style) is provided for racers and we have an awards banquet on Sunday night, which includes door prizes. The trophies are really nice too.

Classes that will probably be run are:

- Outlaw
- Stock Sedan
- Modified Sedan
- Super Nitro (?)

Qualifiers on Saturday and Mains on Sunday. Entry forms won't be put out until Jan 21.

Last year, Mike Swauger, Darin Ishitani and Brian Thomas from Team Mugen attended the event. All of us really enjoyed watching them race. This year, I hear that 5 people from Team Mugen are flying out. Maybe some racers from Team Kyosho or Team Serpent would like to join us!

If you have any questions, let me know.

Rainer

FYI...

Our club races twice a month on a temporary track. The layout changes each time we race, so each race provides a new challenge. Here is a picture of the track: (click here). Turnout is pretty good and I think we average about 28-32 racers (more guys show up just for the championship). The primary format is 1/10th Mod Sedan and when enough guys are interested, we run also run 1/10th Outlaw. Our race format is pretty simple - 2 rounds of 4 min. qualifiers and 3 rounds of 5 min. Mains. You get points for how you place in each Main and the winners of each Main are determined by total points. For ties, final standings are based on how you finished in the 3rd Main. No bump ups. We usually have about an hour of open practice before the qualifiers and another hour between the qualifiers and the Mains.