R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Customworksking
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
ok my terms for droop is up travle from ride heigth.....
frt springs corally black 14.5 40wt AE oil 3hole A A blocks Diff position start with B,sus.arm spacer all to the front, knuckle spacer .03 sway bar blk, camber,start with 1.5 if need more steering go to 2deg but try no shims under your camber links 1st 2nd try removing the sway bar 3rd try hole # 2 on the bulk head... if u have too much streering rais the camber link ..shock hole#4 ..start with #2 sus.spacer if u have a exit push go to 1 and still pushes then flat and ...1way.. 5mm ride height and 2mm up travle if the car wants to traction roll got to 1mm uptravel or less camber,flater camber links no glue on side walls u want the car on the edge of traction rolling so,if u get it to roll over back off on side bite via camber and shims under camber links i had no problem entering but if u do go to .5 deg toe in on the front tires or A -B orA- C blocks in the front ,,steering wiper B mibble hole on with shaft #2hole on wiper
REAR corally 12.5 spring C in B out #2 under blocks if u have a push 1st try no Sus holder spacers under the front "if u can get it to work with no spacers all around do that I didn't have time to try it" silver sway bar,diff position B if u want less rear bite go to C ...camber link 1mm shim if u have a exit push go to 2mm,1.5 to 1mm camber and u still have a push rais the roll center to #3 hub carrier up. 2mm uptravel if it traction rolls got to 1mm and if it still rolls go up in oil AE 40 and if it still rolls go up in spring rate, hub spacer kit setting Sus Arm spacer shims to the back to have the wheel base short .camber hole 1,shocks hole 3.....Keep this in mind U want the car to roll over stop on the droop screws then roll into the shocks and if the shock springs r too stiff it will traction roll because of the springs r too stiff not cause of traction it's self so U want to rollover & rub the chassis then flip.. then u know it's very close so rais the roll center 2nd less camber 3rd camber links "flatter less side bite moving the shocks in will take away side bite as well and last go to thicker oil 5.5 ride height....I found a quick fix for traction rolling is springs and u want to do that last oil B4 springs because as the bite go's up your car will roll less and push/flip because it's not rolling into the suspension....shocks 62mm no pressure form...the car need's a 3rd front camber link and 2 and 3 deg rear hub's if i miss something let me know ..tires Cs27"s motor co27 gearing 100/25 2nd car novak 13.5 100/38..note dope the tires for3 to 5 min 1/2 frt full rear then wipe off if u leave in on too long it may roll so work with it and find what works for you at the time as the track changes