R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:24 PM
RED-LINE M03
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default 24 hour

John you should run this car @ the next 24 endurance race. It sounds like it is getting pretty dialed.

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
Mathijs-I'll assume then that you did a back to back tests. I'll chop that sucker out at a convenient time during qualifiers. I find that a lot of RC stuff is conjecture. I don't find a lot of full size race cars chopped out like that. I think it probably disturbs the high speed airflow under the car to do so. My other Peugeot body is chopped out. Everything at the back is quite flimsy as a result. Now how do you know you are not letting out the Vacuum (so to speak) rather than damming up the airflow when you chop the rear out like that.

3-link Track Report, vs Wide Pantoura
Track somewhat cleaner than yesterday still a few damp spots. Traction Medium

I ran the two cars back to back again today with the same setups and motors that I used yesterday. There was a bit more traction. Both cars were equally fast on the straight now whereas the 3-link was faster yesterday. The Wide Pantoura has the 3.5 motor the 3-link a 4.5. I think the 3-link car will go faster with the same motor due to better forward traction at speed over the bumps.

I had more cornering traction more forward traction and made fewer mistakes with the 3 link car. I ran it first this time. I ran it second yesterday. The 3 link car has more turn in than the wide car in spite of having 2 sizes stiffer front springs (by chance). The car had excellent stability on the straight. I drove on the very edge of the outer white stripe; there was no front end lift or blowovers like before on the big bump.

I still find no faults with the 3-link car although they may show up under very high traction conditions. All of my previous pan cars usually just got faster with more traction; I don't have to change the tire prep or setup at all.

My race may be delayed due to weather.

There may be a production version of this 3-leading link with Panhard bar rear axle soon. Stay tuned.

John