R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tweaking a touring car?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2003, 09:01 AM
timc
Tech Initiate

Ok this is what I found when I weighed the car. 3000 SMH batteries. I set ride height at 4.5 all the way around. Visually, the front shock collars were equal height, same with the rear. Using 2 scales and a level block the same height as the scales.

LF: 9.7 oz RF: 13.9 oz LR: 14.1 oz RR: 11.1 oz

As you can see, the RF and LR appear very heavy. This indicates to me that maybe the chassis is warped. I doubt it though as this car is 1 week old (XXXS+). Also, my first Losi had the same issue with level ride heights showing a severe tweak on the MIP station. I never weighed the corners though.

I then began to adjust collars to get side to side weights the same. I could not get it spot on but got close. If I set got the fronts equal, the best I could get in rear was about .4 oz apart. And vise versa. (Obviously every time I adjusted 1 end, it affected the other when I rechecked that end.

I would up with the following weights: LF: 11.5, RF: 11.9, LR: 12.5, RR: 12.5. I then put it on the tweak station for curiosity sake and tweak was perfect. Next I rechecked ride height. LF was 2.5 mm higher than RF and LR was 2 mm higher than RR! You could easily see that the right side was sitting lower than left side. Shock collars left to right were probably 2-3 turns different.

Now I’m guessing that I’m missing something here, just not sure what. I just built this car. I measured all shocks and fronts are equal, rears are equal. Arms are very free. Green springs front, rears are blue.

Not sure what to check next???