R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rc10ntc3
Thread: Rc10ntc3
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2003, 06:10 AM
Morpheus2be
Tech Regular

I need opinions from people who owns multiple nitro TCs (e.g; fastharry). I own an Impulse Pro, I know how it handles. I can push it to the limits. I know how to set it up just the way I like it. I drive with front one-ways and no rear stabilizer bars. I'm equally proficient with rubber or foam tires.

Now, I want to learn something new....but I'm also looking for a platform where I can improve my skills.

If I made the switch to an NTC3, would there be a lot of catching up for me to do? Are there fundamental differences in the handling chracteristics of the NTC3 that would make it a different drive altogether than my Impulse?

I'm contemplating another car and the V-One-RR is right there near the top of my list, but it uses a 3-belt system similar to my Impulse and while the design geometry may be different, the handling characteristics might not be too far off. I heard Kyosho might be releasing a shaft version of the V-One-R/RR soon.

Which is where the NTC3 comes in. Its a proven shaft design...and its available NOW. Unfortunately, I can't test drive it.

You know how some people drive a certain way and they've become used to the way a certain car handles. Well, I'd like to know if the NTC3 can be a different driving experience (as compared to the usual belt driven cars).

I've had some experience driving electrics and I love the acceleration, but not the precise handling that it requires. With my Impulse, I can afford to drive aggressively and still maintain control.

How would you all describe handling an NTC3, especially after your experiences with other belt driven cars e.g; Impulse, V-One-R/RR, Reflex etc.?

Did you regret making the switch?

Have you discovered a whole new chapter to add to your driving skill repertoire?

Do you think you'll ever go back to belt driven cars?

Do you wish you could combine the strenghts of your previous belt cars with the strenghts of the NTC3 platform?

Is there anything about the NTC3 that you wish could just be more like your previous car?

All opinions welcome.

tq