R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2003, 07:28 PM
MauiBuilt Racer
Tech Adept

Default Re: Evil 3 is the bomb-biggity

Originally posted by rtypec
How good is the Evo3? Well, after the chassis on my 414M2 broke from a major stuffing running modified, I threw down the Evo3 after a half pack of practice to trim it out and guess what?

Top Qualifier for PRO STOCK SEDAN:
ROD C with 30/5:08.48

Tehehe, okay enough chest thumping , too bad I had radio problems in the main and retired after one lap. Patt T's car was dialled and kinda had me wondering...MauiBuilt, where have you been man? I'm begining to suffer the same radio problems you have been getting and its getting expensive to fix broken cars doh!
Howzit goin R!!
Good job on the TQ man! Anyway I havent been racing for a while because of the glitching problem. I ran out of front one way ring gears so I had to wait for Tamiya to send me some. And about your glitching problem, The thing about the monster stock motor is that the paint on the can is thin. So when the paint wears off of the bottom of the can it causes big time glitches because of the metal to metal contact (motor plate & motor can). I found that out last night so i just switched to a new can and Voila!! glitch problem solved. I also took the whole day off to go down and do some major set-up changes today. After the end of the day, I finally got this car dialed. (Part of it thanks to Mr. Dan) good looking out! Hope to race with you soon!

JM