R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Turbo Joe
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by infanterene
Waffle houses stop just short of Miami. I used to run a moroso. RC racing is alot cheaper and I can work on my car inside with a/c away from the moscitos. I would rather change servos than cams, these carbs are easier to tune and I dont have to fill any N2o tanks.

Waffle house rocks
Can't argue with that...but while I love RC stuff, there's nothing like the feeling of pulling it all together and putting down a good pass with no broken parts. Going back to the track on the 14th...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufdZGwjGKP0

I really think it's a travel/EPA/linkage deal. I did Jerry's car as tight as I could, with minimum EPA to stop the car...it was bound up...then I loosened the "calipers" just enough to get it to roll. It only has JUST enough travel (throttle and brake) to get the job done.

Equipment = Grommets, no spacers at all, stock Losi hose and hardware, cut-down (almost in half) stock spring, washer under horn, stock throttle ball. Failsafe set to neutral (Spektrum) just in case. Sub-trim set to where the horn is slightly towards the carb...just past square.

I'm not saying that we have it licked yet...give it a couple more gallons...LOL...I just think it's a setup deal. I just wanted to let y'all know what we were trying and how it was doing. I'm more of a "minimalist" when it comes to troubleshooting stuff.