R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jammin X1 - so close yet so far
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 07:06 PM
macnkitty2002
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

With the rear camber if you go less it will be less stable and as your track is smooth i'm guessing it is a fast track so more stability will help there (my reasoning).
my reasoning is that since the track is very smooth already, i do not need to set up the buggy for more stability because it's not like the buggy needs any more (because the track is already smooth). do you follow me there? also, if i set up for more stability, aren't i sacraficing something else to get it?

i see what you mean with the camber, and i'm sure the straight on my track is nothing compared to the one on yours (because mine is so short)! and i can see why i should probably get the big bores too. once i find enough $$$ i will probably grab some with the stiff springs.

i typically run Crime Fighter XTR tires all around. i think tires are some of the most expensive things in RC, so i tend to get the hard compounds to last me a while. also, because my track generally has good traction, i don't see the need for a soft compound that will give me good grip for 5 races. the track can get hard and dusty too, and i wish i had softer tires. with that being said i will probably get some of those Komodo dragons for when the traction is poor, and go back to the CFs when the track becomes stickier.

thanks for all your continuing help.