R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 10:06 PM
moshmike
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geppetto
As I mentioned previously, I got my hands on a used TA05. It's in great shape, but I do need a few parts to get it rolling.

Today I disassembled the chassis, cleaned it up, then reassembled it. To get it race ready, I still need:
  • complete front diff
  • front universals
  • front and rear belts

I downloaded and printed out the TA05 instruction manual from the Tamiya website, but the part numbers are not listed. It would be nice if the manufacturers listed the part numbers next to the part in the instruction manual.

I need help getting all of the parts required for the diff. The instruction manual doesn't list universals at all. I've seen the blue belts listed online, but I'd prefer to get the standard black belts.

If anyone knows of a complete parts list that would be nice to have.

Last question... are all of the TA05 parts specific to the TA05, or does it share parts with other Tamiya kits?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I suggest to get the aramid belts right away and also the aluminum diff halves. They are so smooth when they are built! Chack Tamiya's website for parts.

BTW, If you have the entire manual like it was original, the parts pictures at the end always have the stock part # by them.

ALSO Thanks to all for the help to my earlier ?'s!!!
Mike