R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:26 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Marty-Thanks for the posts and the interest.

The main reason not to put the Panhard bar in that place is that the space there is an illusion. With certain gear combinations the motor will intrude into the space you have shown. The link cannot be quite as long which will cause more change in turning left to turning right. Also my rear battery spacer will probably not be there. This will allow me to move my Lipos as far back as possible for the best rear traction. I have an alternate battery support built into my frame rails. I did think about putting the Panhard bar there and maybe you could squeeze one in there. It is going to take serious abuse in a side crash into the boards so the link itself needs to be fairly stout. The angled upper links will help in this respect by lowering forces on the Panhard bar. I chose the T-max push rod for this part so that it would take the abuse of a crash. On my car, the part that goes back will not be a rod. It will be an extension of the frame approximated 1/4 by .3 inch in cross section. (Stout). I'll cut them out tomorrow and put up a pic. Note also the Panhard bar should be adjustable up and down. I don't know the perfect spot up and down yet, I will need a test.

According to Herb Adams in Chassis Engineering (and Mathjis) You can't put too much of your weight on the back on a two wheel drive rear drive car. Now that I have front shocks the car is much more stable at high speed on the straight. I can push things back a little.
John

Last edited by John Stranahan; 12-27-2006 at 08:44 PM.