R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XRC 1/5 SCALE CARS
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 03:44 AM
brewer
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default XRC 1/5 SCALE CARS

Hi Everyone,

I am starting a thread on these cars for people to give setups and any issues which they are having with these cars.

I have recently purchased some cars with the intent of starting a class in the Northern Suburbs of SA, at the local Pocket Bike track and incorporating into the Littlehampton track.

During the reviews of these cars please be as honest and constructive as possible please.

Lets talk cars, firstly straight out of the box these cars do need some attention to make them more reliable. Firstly the electronics is recommended to be changed I am using Hitec servos which have been good thus far.The build quality of these cars is not user friendly, it is recommended to replace all bolts with ss high tensile items. Due to the poor quality of bolts and the loctite that the manufacture use, result in either stripped, broken or rounded bolts.

With these couple of changes the car should be pretty reliable with only fine tuning needing to be done. We have found that the brakes leave little to be desired but we will keep working on them. Following is a list of things which we have upgraded to make the cars a little nicer to use.

- The pullstarter centre is replaced by a Zenoah item.
- Shock oil is replaced with 6000f/3000r weight oil
- Using the one servo for brakes and throttle the cables are modified so the calipers can be adjusted individually.
- The diff is stripped, cleaned and shimmed then rebuilt with HT grease and sealed so grease doesnt leak out.
- Last but not least replace the tyres with some good quality ones.

With these small changes the cars have been pretty good, the motors are no power house but with the revised gear ratio it makes them a little more fun in the top end without sacrificing bottom end torque. They are also very easy to start and tune, there is a little to be had if replacing the air filter with the wifes stocking The cosmetics on the car are pretty poor with the standard
Honda Accord body being easy to crack but for 1/3 the price of other bodies its not to much to worry about.

Overall with time and the feedback which is being given to the manufacturer, the cars will be better straight out of the box and racing them will be a blast with some governed rules, I can see the racing being very close and good to watch.

These cars are designed to be very cheap and with replacement parts aplenty and very cheap (cheaper than my ep on road) the class will be financially viable for most people to enjoy.

A quick pricing for those who dont know much about them.

Car is $699.00 minus radio gear + freight
An upgraded race ready version - radio gear is $850.00 + freight
All cars will come with a complete parts list for the convience of ordering when parts are needed.

Please dont hesitate to pm me for any enquires on these cars as I generally have enough in stock to be able to supply.

Thanks David

Below are some pics of my car.

[IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o33/brewer_08/100_0856.jpg[/IMG

XRC