R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 7th annual New Years Day Race @ Trackside
Old 12-21-2006, 10:15 AM
Wicked-Wayz
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hawk6
Sounds great.

I'd be open to any set-up advice for the minis. My son and I plan on running the minis at the TCS race, but so far have only run them a couple times at Cheese City RC in Monroe, WI.

Here's what I've been told so far:
> internal spacers in shocks to lower ride height (what's the min. ride height for minis at Trackside??)
> S grip tires in front with hard sedan inserts
> M grip tires in rear with softer inserts
> 70 - 90 wt oil in front
> 50 wt oil in rear
> blue springs in front, yellow in rear
> mount electronics as low as possible

Tamiya tires only for this race? I ask because I bought a used mini for my son and it came with I think Sorex slicks.

Thanks.
The best with the ride height is to keep the arms level. With that way it will keep from binding & you will still be low enough. My setup is a little opposite of that. I have m fronts & s rears, I glued mine backwards. Sometime we use the slicks or the stock tires as well. I use 80-90 wt in the front & 50-60 in the rear. Same spring setup as what you got listed. Try to get your speedcontrol & reciever into the rear channel. If you are ever at trackside & need help just ask someone who runs mini. We are always willing to help anyone out. We all run this minis to have alot of fun. I am really glad I started running these & cannot wait till my fiancee does. Have fun & we will see you soon. If you need help just look for the guy in my avatar. I am not really hard to spot anyway.

Peace Aaron(W-W)