R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Murnan Modified Motors
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 07:06 AM
Grinder
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Diesel Racer
I've decided I'm going to treat myself to a Murnan engine with full ceramic bearings in the New Year but can't decide out of the following and wonder if anyone can advise?

OS TZ 12 3 Port - I fancy this because it's a little different to the norm here in the UK, but wonder how it stacks up against the modified Nova's and Sirio's in terms of performance and reliability.

Novarossi Plus 12-3 CT - I've always liked Nova's for their performance and reliability but they're not always the easiest to tune.

Sirio Evo III STi - I know some guys have had issues with the crankshaft on the standard engines, can only assume this would be worse on a modified engine, I believe also that the AAC construction yields more power than ABC but it not as long lasting.

Any news yet on a modified RB Matrix R?

I would personally choose the Full Ceramic +12, or LS3. The OSTZ is also fast, but not as durable as the Novarossi engines. The new STI Sirio is much more reliable. The rod is heavier duty, cranks are holding up too. The Evo 3 STI is only ABC. I will be stocking the Matrix engine pretty soon now.