R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR to 4 cell....
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 08:52 PM
muahdib4
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JLock
Funny, after 45 pages of going back and forth on this battery debate, only a few have noticed the one constant about this argument. No matter how many cells are proposed to be decreased, everyone is gearing up the cars to go the same speeds as they currently run now. So what is the purpose of dropping cells to slow the cars down if racers are going to gear up to maintain speeds of running 6 cells?
My personal opinion on why is to put a bandaid on the few Mod racers who are blowing their stuff up now and to help the battery companies and matchers out by pushing Lipo even further away. The only reason I've actually heard 'someone' say was they were looking at it to slow classes down and to keep Mod racers from destroying gear and we ALL should know that people would just change gearing and go just as fast (or close) but now put more strain on batteries to go along with the motor and ESC. Japan will be back up to 5-6 cells within a couple years. Who knows about Europe, 5-cell might be something they're willing to live with. I personally would hate it but who knows. We'll see which side of the arguement wins in the end. I say, just keep it at 6, make LIPO legal and let people race.