R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 11:17 PM
THE DARKSIDE
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For the record:

Darkside Motorsports is not a paying supporter of this forum. The company currently supports another on-line forum that is closely tied to the core product line of the company, oval cars/parts. That being said, over the past year the core focus of the business has expanded to include on-road racing related products. At some point in the future, we will be a supporter of this forum.

Nick from Team Quick. I have never posted much of anything related to your business on this or any other forum. I really do not know much about you or your business to even have a basis to comment. As far as I'm concerned, you are another small company like Darkside Motorsports that is working to carve a piece of the pie in this industry. I wish you luck with that. Please, in the future, get your facts straight before making inaccurate statements about my actions.

As far as the postings made on the speedmerchant thread several weeks back. For those of you that might not know, I have known the owner of Speedmerchant for over 15 years now, dating to the days when I lived in the Boston area. I have a great deal of respect for the results/success that the company has had. As I have said before, that speaks for itself, and I have never questioned that or tried to minimize it. Since it is known that I have this relationship with the owner of Speedmerchant, I get e-mails on a semi-regular basis asking me what is going on with the company?, how can I get in touch with the owner?, etc. While I have never responded to any of these e-mails with negative comments, I am getting tired of receiving them. It boils down to something that I learned quite a while ago. Service your customers, or someone else will. Have I made some off-color or poorly placed remarks? Probably. Will I post something like that again on another mfr's thread? Probably not. I am a stand-up guy, I'm not perfect, I speak my mind, and I accept the results of my actions and statements. I'm sorry that some people were offended by my statements, but I can't please all of the people all of the time, nor do I try to.

As I have said in the past, I am highly motivated by the insults, bashing, etc that is directed towards me & my company on this forum. It drives me even harder than the success of winning. I do ask one thing, if you are going to make comments, don't hide behind screen names (timmay70). As I said before, I'm a stand-up guy & If I'm going to make a comment, I'm not going to hide behind a screen name. I expect that behavior from everybody else.

Most importantly, I think that we all need to realize that we are all men and women playing with toy cars, they just happen to be expensive toy cars. I think that we all need to look at things in that context sometimes.

Darkside Motorsports is not going anywhere, I will continue to strive to support our customers to the best of my ability. The results have and will continue to speak for themselves.

Eric T. Dimmick
Owner
Darkside Motorsports

Last edited by THE DARKSIDE; 12-17-2006 at 11:27 PM.