R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Orion 3200mAh Race Spec LiPo
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 09:23 AM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Mr. Black, (how very formal)

Hey, I've finally been sold on LiPo's. The research I've conducted indicates the Orion LiPo's are by far the best for a TC application. A job well done to Rick, you and the whole team!

I do have two quick question:
1) Why do the 4800 and the 3200 have their connectors reversed? (Just a wire management nit pick)
B) Is there a good LiPo ONLY charger you recomend. The Advantage is very nice, but when switch, why do I need a charger that does LiPo, NiMh, NiCad and lead acid? I'm looking for quality, small size and reasonable price.

Oh, and Cliff, Lee says "F Y Y F" !

Thanks in advance,
Marty
www.wisconsinrctouringcarseries.com
I am also in the market of LIPO charger, and know that this FMA Scopian Charger is good cause it does do the charging and balancing all at once. Total is less then $100 for the charger and the special balancing/charging cable especially built just for Orion Lipo (3200 and 4800)...the best part is, only take 20 minutes to charge the Lipo to 90%. It is a good idea for long time EP car running use.

You must purchase this charger thru them directly....lately, they got pissed off with Koham and some other distributor and ended up selling their products themself. Shipping to USA is like $8.00 ground. I've just ordered one for my friend to try since he did all the research online and think this is the best charger for LIPO for less then $100. I am using ICE and cannot do the balancing, which I am not sure I have to balance my Lipo or not.

Here is their website...

http://www.fmadirect.com/Products.htm?cat=32&nid=24