R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:44 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Track dusty.

The steering setup is a go. The car feels better than with the servo flat and a tall shim stack to eliminate bump steer. The steering is more precise. There is better steering traction in the sweeper which I presume is from less tire scrub from elimination of all bump toe in. The car oversteered a bit late in the decreasing radius sweeper. The solution was more throttle. This is always good. I was making up good distance on the two Nitros here.

I ran 2.7 ounces of lead toward the rear of the chassis. Acceleration and speed was better than just a single battery but not as good as with dual batteries on the dusty track. I will try this again in one of my qualifiers Sunday and get some lap times with and without the ballast. It should work better with a high bite track. If I run the main it will be with dual batteries. Jaco pinks worked well again with this 3.5 R motor. They actually warm up about 12 degrees after a run with this motor.

Throttle exit spins reared their ugly head again early in the session. I am convinced this happens when the front tires almost completely unload. This was aided by more weight in the back. It was quickly solved with better throttle control out of the corners.

I am using an 8# white MurdockRC spring now. Stability on the straight is excellent with this spring, this body, and front minitruck shocks.
John

Last edited by John Stranahan; 12-13-2006 at 04:02 PM.