R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR to 4 cell....
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 12:31 PM
muahdib4
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Unregistered
It actually makes me laugh at how adimate some of you stock guys are about not changing the stock class at all. Like I said, 4 cell isn't the 100% cure for the problems that the sedan class has but at least it's a start.

What cracks me up is that you guys won't even give 4 cell a try. And the ones that do only run 4 cell for a few runs and say it's crap.

You guys are telling us that stock isn't too fast for beginners when we can't get new guys to race because the cars are too fast. Telling a beginner to "just don't hit stuff" doesn't work.

Oh, that's right, your cure is to simply get the new guys to run some 1980 vintage Mabuchi or Johnson motor. So, when they hang too big of a gear on the car and it burns the comm up you can tell them that their motor can't be turned. Nice. At least with a stock motor they would have had a chance at trying to rebuild it but nooooo.

You guys are the ones that we should point to when they find out that they could have saved over $20 per pack on 4 batteries that they just baught. Instead they saved $15 on one motor and they can't even change the brushes. Nice.

Oh, that's right, it's the track's fault that there aren't new people racing. Or it's the "factory guys" in stock. Anything but the cars man anything but the cars.
Not changing the stock class? This thread is about not changing the battery standard...not about NOT changing the classes. Are you even reading any of this? Why give 4-cell a try....hmmm...shorter run times (great idea sounds like fun there)....slower (best idea yet). I'll run right out and buy 4-cell battery packs....you've sold me...on the fact that you're clueless. Let me guess, you've been in the hobby 10+ years and you know everything, just like some others on the boards I won't name.

So the reason people don't race at your track is because Stock is to fast? So, somehow having 6-cells in a car makes people not race but moving to 4-cells will suddenly improve attendence at yours and everyone else's tracks??? Could it be that truing comms, thinking about and replacing springs and brushes could be a little intimidating for someone new to racing? No it must be the number of batteries. Let's just drop it down to 1 cell and let the new folks race 1/2 lap so they don't get to scared by the speed or number of laps they could run with 6-cells. I'm sure when the guy going into the LHS asks to see a TC and says he'd like to race, I'm sure the first thing he'll ask is "How slow is it?". I'm also sure when he finds out he can buy a faster car at Wal-Mart, he'll just jump right on into TC racing. BS.

Yep, they might burn up a $16 motor once every couple months rather than spend $10-$20 on brushes and springs every couple weeks. Not to mention the motor lathes and other stuff they would have to buy. Oh, the money they save on batteries could be used to buy that stuff....ok, makes loads of sense. I'm sure just seeing all that stuff is intimidating enough for somone new to the hobby. It's the old rule K.I.S.S....KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID!!!

It is the tracks fault if they aren't bringing in new people. They have to advertise and make the racing accessible and fun. If your track doesn't TRY to bring in new people and just sits back and complains then nothing will change. You can blame the cars if you want...you can blame the speed if you want....but you're wrong. TCs have to be pushed a little. This isn't something you can buy and just beat around the backyard like you can a Monster Truck or Buggy unless you have a good parking lot nearby. The track has to make it exciting and make people WANT to race, not just HOPE that people will show up.