R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Best Nitro RTR for competitive racing?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 10:24 AM
mxsx
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BIGTACO
If you are dead set on starting out with a RTR really the ONLY option you have in the current market for competitive cars is the G4 RTR. It is built on the same platform as its big brother, the G4S cept it is already built with most everything you will need to run it. Here is the thing with running RTR cars in a competitive track environment. You may not want to hear this but, you end up spending the same amount of cash in the end, or more that you would have if you had just purchased one of the four pro kits (Kyosho RRR), (MUGEN MTX-4), (TEAM MAGIC G4-S), or (SERPENT). Any RTR is going to come with an AM radio. This just isn't going to cut it and may lead to head on collitions at 50 MPH into walls...bad. The overall parts quality of any RTR will be of lower grade and will have to be replaced. So you have to look at it this way, do I really want to spend all my time replacing parts left and right to get to a competitive level or just start out with something that is already there?

Now that being said, if you go RTR get a G4. Replace the radio and it will be good to you. And you can upgrade it to the G4S for another 250 bucks or so. Now, go into the world of RC my freind. It is your calling!!
Thanks for the input. Not sure if you guys noticed but i am not talking about the G4 RTR, i am talking about what seems to be the newer release, the G4S RTR. From what i understand, there seems to be a difference there, someone correct me if i am wrong please.