R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New X10P4 Touring Car From MLP
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 09:29 AM
Marty Peterson
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Marty I don't think you need to explain. Anyone in this hobby with any knowledge knows manufactures, even big ones don't make more than about 50 bucks on a kit. The money is made in parts!!!!!!!!! I work at a hobbyshop from time to time when my buddy needs help and rest assured no one is getting rich by selling cars. To only make 30 to 50 bucks on 400 bucks sucks in terms or time put in to make so little.

I don't even run for Marty or even know him but I will say it is easy to see they guy likes to do this, why else would he put up with it to make so little.

Lets face it Marty has a better chance to get rich by playing the lottery than by venturing into the R/C car market. It was alot easier 20 years ago to do well in the R/C industry because we had way less companies to buy from and not near as many cars to choose from back in the day. It is harder than ever these days to make it in the little niche of R/C cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Your right wyd and I do not feel to good to day and I guess I should not even be here I might type something I can not take back

I also work at a hobby shop now full time and to go from over 75,000. a year to 12,000. a year is hard as well Now I know why the wife thinks I am Crazy