R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Is the Xray XB8 dead?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 05:15 PM
ccm399
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrayeddy
Couple quick questions that I dont feel like searching through page after page after link after link to end up with nothing.

Are the original xb8 arms compatible with the new tq car? Is the length the same as well?

I'm not too crazy about the little clips for the arms and would rather have the older ones instead.
The arms are the same width, the difference is the arm mounts. The TQ mounts allow you to move the arms on the chassis end (via the clips). The old arms while the same width are shorter and not as thick. I have never had problems with the clips either. If you don't like the clips you could make spacers up out of some old gas tank posts. Just drill a 4mm hole all the way through and cut them to length. Then just slide them over the pin on the desired spot (front or rear). No more worries about losing clips!

To answer the question in the thread.....NO the XB8 is not dead!!!! Don't forget Yannick was 1 lap up on the field at eth worlds when his fuel line was cut by the flywheel. Not to mention Xray NEVER stops researching and improving their cars. Look at there on-road cars, sure it took a couple years but their T2-007 pretty much dominates touring car. Same will happen with the 1/8 scale....give it time.