R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ta04r...
Thread: Ta04r...
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2003, 08:18 AM
rowdyrj
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is some good info, because I just put some new arms on the rear of my 04R and it was real loose in the handling department.

Originally posted by Mike F
Difuser - thanks. The first thing I did, before putting the car together, is degreased the bearings, sprayed them with motor cleaner and dropped a small amount (1/2) drop of TRIBO. The diff bearings I took the seals off and sprayed them with motor spray, left the seals off, free as a bird. The Derlin outdrives sure make a big difference

The Graphite shock towers are still on back order from my LHS. I decided to go with the center one way only set up to see how that works for me. I really don't like front one ways that much, I've used them in my TA03 DJ edition so I know how to drive with one in the car but I prefer not to. I also plan on running the car without the belt tensioner.

I did notice that the rear arms, once assembled as mentioned in the manual, that they were in a slight upright angle when the car sat flat. I set my droop at 5mm in the rear and 3 mm in the front. It's parallel to the surface now.

Front bumper - anyone do anything different to theirs on the R? It doesn't seem too stable, 2-3x10mm screws is the only thing holding this in place

Tires/Rims and Inserts. I'm running on asphalt, OK traction. Any recommendations there? The rims that came in my kit, one seems to be slightly out of round.