R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR to 4 cell....
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 09:44 AM
Mr. Shookie
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I see that stock/novice/intermediate class is where the problem lyes.

Lets just look closer at say my local track.
The newer guys(ones just really getting into racing) are forced to race with the likes of IIC champs and A main racers of other larger events.
They spend most of the time trying to avoid these so called stock racers and never really get to race a line.
Now you can say Oh than there needs to be three classes of stock then...PRO, Sportsman and ROokie...
Well thats kind of not the point....
Stock is suppose to get the Novice into a intermediate, than a sportsman by knowing how to setup his or her car better and not having to always buy new packs and motors cause the Pro's are tossed in because of low turnout.
I think you limit stock to only non-sponsored drivers, partial or full factory.
Guys who sand bag get told bring a 19T next week or you can not race. Its that simple.
Heck I think stock should be only for Non-Sponsored drivers, for large races especially.
Could you see it.
Roar Carpet Nats.
Pro/near pro drivers can only race Mod or 19T (cause if they only had one than Sponsors would raze cain for sure)
Quit the sand bagging for sales.
Stock should be for the up and coming drivers, not the already fast and I want a second trophy class.
That rule alone would solve half this how do we get more people into the hobby. Heck it could only help the hobby. There are too many peeps who buy 1.245+ packs and buy only the top 1% of motors and buy brand new tires every run just to be competitive in stock racing. That turns off the newbie and sends them right over to Nitro, or off road. Heck I got so sick of it I went over to the dirty side for while.

But Roar really needs to do something as it is out of hand on how much people are spending just to try to keep up with the guys who are already winning A mains, cause they have sponsors who provide them with the top 1% of batts and motors...Seems a bit unfair in a Novice created class.

Sorry for the rant,
I moved to 19T as at least there is a chance someone will break, or make an error in 5 minutes.
-Shookie <><