R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - trinity DPD digital pro discharger!
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 09:30 AM
James35
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm a little frustrated at my new DPD. 30 amp pulsed discharging sounds fast, but it takes FOREVER! I was really hoping that this so called "Dyna Pro Digital Discharger" would actually provide a decent discharging service. This DPD is more like a smart equalizing tray, not a discharger.

As a race director, I have little time to work on my car, and need to be efficient as possible, and the ability to walk away. The DPD does offer the ability to walk away, I don't have to worry about over discharging. But it's too friggin slow to discharge. Then after it is done with the 30 amp pulsed discharging, the equalizing seems like it takes way too long as well.

I come to the track with three 4200 packs (each with 600 seconds charge in them). I have an ICE charger. I arrive 1+ hour early. We have approximately 1 hour between races. What would you guys suggest I do to equalize and charge on time? Do I need yet another charger or discharge device to make this happen on time? Please advise, what is your routine?