R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - jp b5 or ninja b01
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 03:57 PM
Rocket42
Tech Regular

look i am not gonna start an argument with people who just want to argue.

the fact is i have third party dyno proof of the go tech 5port producing more top end power more power at lower rpm and a smoother stronger powerband than the ninja. both run on the same dyno set up for performance.

the Go tech engine is produced in taiwan, just like the losi 8ight, mugen mbx5, kyosho 777 sp2. to say taiwan can't produce quality at this time is utter nonsense.

i have heard of ninja's throwing bearings around the 2-3 gallon mark, i believe that is why they have come out with a new version that was to address bearing and other problems.

italian engines have great longevity partly due to excessive pinch. most nova rossi's don't fully open up till the 2-3 gallon mark, thats when you have to replace the connecting rod for an additional $60. so if you get 10 gallons but took 2 to break in you only got 8 gallons of effective use where you could lean the engine out enough to get mileage. but hey its selling engiens for them.

davidka what engine company guarantees longevity out of an engine it is not possible. But Go tech is offering a contingency program to promote there engines that no other engine company can come close too. Any customer racing any class can win a free engine just for making the a-main in a large event, is o.s.,rossi,ninja. going to give you a free engine for making the a-main in the sportsman class at an event the size of a large r/c pro race and payout additional cash for finishing in the top 3, not likely. So before you guys continue to go on bashing a product you have never even seen why don't you ask someone who has the engine what they think.