R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 06:43 AM
AdrianM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speed Demon
M Chassis tires..

Can anyone here list the tires for Tamiya M Chassis (MO3)??

I tried to find further info but nothing from Tamiya website. To little info. I need to know the shore. I play on outdoor asphalt surface. Maybe next year on carpet.
Note that no one lists shore ratings for rubber tires. There are so many variable in rubber tire performance that shore info alone is meaning less. The numbers assigned to tires like Sorex, Pit and Take Off are often not shore ratings at all. They are just tire compound codes and they do not even mean that tires are harder or softer than a higher or lower number.

For example:

A CS27 is a little harder than an RP30. A Sorex 28R has more traction than a Pit 24.

Here is everything you need to know about Mini tires: http://www.rc-mini.net/MiniWeb1/M03_Race_4.html

I disagree with one point. The Take Off Mini RP's are the fastest tire period. The guys that race at Tamiya USA are starting to run them now. They run harder compounds (RP36 and RP40) than they do on the F103GT's or Sedan's (RP30 and RP36) to control traction rolling but they has a long time and have a ton of steering.

FYI, Take Off is working on molded Mini inserts and will have RP's available premounted on impact resistant nylon rims shortly thereafter