R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How free is your drivetrain?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2003, 03:51 PM
seaball
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs up

wow! well done on the replies everyone. my intent with this thread was not to get really scientific with the results. i agree with the fact that free roll results are not proprotional with loaded tire resistance results. and efficiency isn't either. momentum generated my mass in the drivetrain is highly accountable for duration of the roll. yada, yada. i did want to see just how free some of these belt cars are getting. i think the belts are the greatest variable in achieving this long roll. how much does it matter? i dunno. i don't think a ton, but i'd like to get mine to free up, just as a project. it's really easy to move now, but i do think the belts could get softer. now i really do. thanks to everyone so far that has posted. rock on rctech members.

another question though...

these belt "dressings" that are used to soften the rubber, and i'm using dressing as a general term here. i've found wd-40 to shrink them and actually screw up the mesh on larger pullies until they normalize. what about some of the other chemicals? paragon, etc. recommendations?