R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-4
Thread: Mugen MTX-4
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 06:36 AM
blanks596
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DOCTOR
Just my 2 cents but I think that the Mugen ones are stiffer but you can't run a one piece motor mount with the 4mm Mugen chassis.
Are the Kawahara chassis 4mm?

I've heard so many different things about each kind of chassis and it sounds like there's a give and take in relationship to performance. I personally did not experience any handling problems with the stock 3mm but after almost a year of running it and taking a few hits, it seems to be tweaked, which is making it difficult to accurately set up. My droop comes out twisted and when I brake the car turns to the right. I don't have a tweak station to accurately measure which wheel is experiencing more pressure from the chassis tweak, but once I find this out,I'm wondering if I could compensate by adjusting the the shock collars? (as it is right now there is more force being placed on the right rear of the car which lowers the ride height on that side and makes the droop appear off)

I will eventually buy a new chassis for the upcoming year, no doubt, but I'm trying to better understand chassis dynamics and finish out the last races of the year