R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - so much for "not equivalent" voltages between nimh/lipo
Old 12-03-2006, 03:25 PM
EAMotorsports
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
You're right, "sleezy" was the wrong word, and the statement was too general. I don't think they're bad people, and they're providing a "service" that will always exist in racing at all levels.

I think there is some bias, however, and it's frustrating.
Yea I knew what you meant....Thats why I laughed about it and didnt make a lame attempt at ripping you a new one

One thing I HOPE that Roar does do is to at least allow a brushless class at all the Roar electric events this year....I also wished they would have allowed a brushless demo class as well but we all know that will not happen with the decision they come up to.

Just a FYI I am on the Roar On-road committee and have tried to give my advice for all of Roar and one thing I agreed on with the Oval guys was to drop the 19 turn class and make it a brushless class of either the 4300 or 5800 series Novak motors. That was shot down though. So not all "brush tuners" or "sleezy battery matchers" are against this technology....Just those that are scared of it. I have a college education so I can always go back to work if I have to

Instead of everyone slamming Roar on here why dont they take the time to email the Excomm and let them know exactly what they would like to see for next year (brushless, lipo, cell count, age limits, sponsored driver classes, etc) and maybe some of this will be looked at. I know a lot of the stuff the On-road committee brought up was looked at and most of it passed.

I can all but guarantee you that there will be brushless rules for stock and 19 turn next year along with classes. I would also say that as lipo technology advances and more companies as Orion come out with pretty much fool proof Lipo's that those will be accepted as well. Roar is not out to get anyone....they are trying to learn from past mistakes and not jump the gun on some things....although they almost did with the 4 cell crap!!

EA