R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Adelaide Nitro ON-ROAD
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 12:29 AM
Toy000
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Hey All,

Question: What ride height you all running for ya On Road - Nitro's? Looking under my car i placed

$0.70 cents = 9mm on the front

$0.90 cents = 11mm on the rear

i found this tip as i dont have a height gauge and this was the next best thing!!!

a.Do you a for racing, shift the location of the shocker tower?

b. remove spacers

c. change springs

cheers for help........
A Mount the shocks to the more outward position this will stiffen the suspension, stock hypers are very under sprung and soft you could also use heavier weight oil in the shocks 35 - 40 weight heavier springs would be ideal but there not available (not 100% sure)

B Remove or refit the spacers to achieve the height of 40 cents (5mm) any higher and it will traction roll on foam tyres always push the car down and release it before checking ride height.

C i dont think springs are available so your only option is to make what you got work properly i rekon go 40 weight oil and if it still rolls stiffen up the sway bars moving them in 1mm at time start from the rear first. Too much on the front and you will lose your steering

Set your camber at about 2-3 degrees negative at the rear and 1-2 degrees neg at the front set your front wheels to toe out 1 degree
If you dont have any measuring tools set a straight edge up against the wheel and assume 1 degree = 1mm it will get you close

Drive it for a while and check your tyre wear if it is scrubbing the inside reduce camber a bit idealy you want your tyre to wear out evenly giving you the biggest contact patch on the track

Good luck let me know how you get on