R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - DIY RC stuff
Thread: DIY RC stuff
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 04:50 PM
ProudSavageOwnr
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mafiaracers
ProudSavageOwnr>>> i'm not making fabric....I'm taking actual "virgin" i guess...carbon fiber fabric that hasn't been impregnated with resin or epoxy and doing that process myself. I'm building up carbon fiber fabric layers to make it thick like a TC chassis so I can make my own stuff. I'm trying to get 3.5 millimeter thickness. If i have any leftover "fabric" yes i'd be happy to send you some.free....but, if you want "plate" then....you'll have to wait until I'm done making it then we'll talk.

lates...

so i think ur saying u got some carbon fibre cloth or sumthing and your epoxying it together to make a stiff sheet?

and if you do succeed i will be happy to buy some from you its it is good and totally flat.....i dont need much probably just a 10'' by 10'' inch peice or maybe smaller

Hi Jam-ehz, Try getting some arctic cooling CPU thermal epoxy if you want small quantities. JB Weld will also work quite well & is cheap. Although sometimes difficult to work with. Epoxy on its own seems to work very well as long as the epoxy is applied correctly there should be no problems. I do have a cooler that is screwed down for quick change prototyping.
is that a pencil sharpener in the 1st pik or some kind of fan thing.........and how the hell do you guys get frost? i only get water? wtf?