R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR to 4 cell....
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 01:56 PM
TVMRocket69
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fred kellner
LIPO is the future, but they still don't solve the problem that the electronics, motors, and drivers can't handle 7.2v. Speed controls will still thermal, and motors will still blowup.

So if the LIPO guys can come out with a 4.8v pack that might solve some the problems we are currently having.

So lets go with what we have 4 cell NIMH, start racing, stop complaining, and see what the future holds.
I don't think Lipos are the future but they are next. Now just so U know I race off-road 2wd, truck, and 4wd modified. and I run 1/12th and TC onroad. the only reason I race TC is to use my 6cell packs during the winter instead of letting them sit. And Yes my IP3800's last a year or more and they still have excellent voltage and will run my mods for 12minutes using a 10t motor. Instead of going to 4cell why doesn't roar just allow lipo's to compete side by side with nm.
I raced against lipos powering BL cars and they aint any faster. So instead of a reduction why don't we just add Lipos and let racers decide that way.