R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - EFRA decision. 5 cells -1350gr
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 08:12 AM
tonyv
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
except i know this 5 cell could work if only clubs,Governing Bodys,racers,companys got there heads out of there arse`s & get it going by helping `EACH OTHER` instead of making rules just for the TOP tier racers & series IE;;nats,euro`s,worlds
coz while you lot up there on cloud 5 us mear mortals down there on planet earth are wondering which way to go
none of these have taken into account `CLUBS` this is where the future champions are made ,unless your not bothered & you will go the real racing world has gone ,it be a Elite hobby where money gets you races ,coz the way it`s going less & less beggineers are coming in/or staying in
I would even go one step further, future champions start out running RC cars in parking lots or other places that are not part of club or higher organizations. To come up with good rules the entire spectrum of our hobby needs to be taken into account from first picking up a cheap RC car just for fun all the way up to challenging to become World Champion.

To me it is clear something needs to be done and EFRA decided to go with 5 cells. Initial tests seem to show it is a good decision. But it appears there is no set answer yet (certainly none from EFRA) what this means for all levels of RC car driving/racing. This worries me.