View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 01:11 PM
syndr0me
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Once Lipo goes mainstream , what amkes you think it is going to be any different than the other battery technologies where we saw constant improvements by the cell manufacturers?
The "technology will improve" argument is lame, because that will always be the case no matter what you use. Please, don't be that guy. Using that logic, we could still be using SCRs. At some point, you have to move on. It's a stall tactic that borders on retarded when you think through it, and really doesn't reflect well on the people that use it in a discussion.

I'm not saying that LiPo should replace NiMH entirely, but it should at least be allowed to coexists so that people have a choice. It's VERY CLEARLY a better option for some people in its current form, and taking that away is bad. It drastically reduces the barrier to entry in R/C, and requires very minimal equipment. Any decision by the idiots at ROAR that stifles that kind of progress needs to be scrutinized very closely, because it's wrong.

Condemning people to the rituals of NiMH maintenance, especially newcomers is evil. Don't take something positive away from the hobbdy to further your ridiculous agenda, or prove that you know what's right for the hobby in spite of what the people want.