R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR to 4 cell....
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 10:38 PM
Red RSX
Tech Initiate

regardless its oval or touring, or onroad or offroad, nitro or electric
IMO, regardless how different their equipment and setup (prior to their field and track),
we would find same language, racing is going faster speed (on each field) and finish first, not the other way ( slower and DNF.. )

good thing is, if 4 cells significantly faster than 6 cells with more run time, then I think this thread is not so long like this,

in real world (we all see 2006 JMRCA thread) 4 cells is clearly one step backwards in the 1/10 TC 4WD speed terms
and one step forward in shorten battery life (at least for the current IB battery)

I am not an auto engineer, but I can said that basically Everything has its own proportion... why so complicated?

if said weight (not load) are reduced proportionally to voltage reduction, then it should give lower load to motor and ESC, bla, bla, bla,..

are people forgot other source of load that makes 6T motor looks as fast as 19T?? and still there reagrdless 6 or 4 cells?

as long as TC still retain 4WD system (either part time or full time), the acute problem will never solved.

its just move from (claimed) ESC or motor problem to battery problem ( see the JMRCA thread..),

yes, there is probably more efficient brushless setup and lower IR NiMH battery in the near future,

so I just wonder if the 4-cells idea is so then slightly change (..during this transition period??..) into >

1- Up to racer's ability and ingenuity to harness and match their cars equipment (..brushed or brushless, still NiMH..) properly prior to their own skills for longer 8 (or even extreme 15) minutes race.
TC 4WD > 4 cells minimum & 6 cells maximum, chassis weight limit proportional to batt selection, 15 minutes race

2- 2WD TC (like a F103GT, proper cars for)> 4 cells are allowed to compete with TC 4WD 4-6 cells??