R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR to 4 cell....
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 04:25 PM
gotyournumber
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by burbs
I didnt read the whole thread, but everyonekeeps saying oh let the mebers vote.. Well every vote roar has ever had in the last 5 years has had less then 20% of the members even take part in it.. with those numbers, why bother.. It doesnt matter if it was voted by on mebers or not.. Nothing else is.. Lets say it passed to 4 cel with a meber vote.. you all would just find some other way to complain..

4 cell racing saved oval racing.. None of you care about oval, i know, but the roots of r/c has alot to do with oval.. now with brushless racing, oval is gaining more and more every week.. I cant wait till oval re takes the top spot over touring.. I use to love reading this board, but now every thread is filled with nothing but a bunch of whiney babies..

You all need to sit back and really think about what is good for the future of this hobby, and stop thinking about what is good for yourselves..
Why does this oval thing keep coming up? I race oval, to me even mod oval is too slow. Back in the late 80'S and early 90s I ran 7 cell oval with a 10 and 11 winds. That was fast. I stopped racing for 7 years and to my surprise no more 7 cell all oval classed went to 4 cells. They neutered oval racing. In our area oval died. Please quit throwing in the oval and trying to compare it to touring cars thing. One glimmer of hope will be brushless the Novak 3.5 with 4 cell does bring back some fun to oval racing. Oval cars go in a circle and never stop or change direction and are not subject to the same heat issues as touring cars.