R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Has touring car for club racing turn-out been low in your area
Old 11-29-2006, 02:04 PM
syndr0me
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Racing mod sedan on carpet is almost exclusively the domain of professional drivers. I can't think of a single carpet track in the country that I've heard people say they have a regular turnout for mod racing on the rug. It's just too fast for most people to handle. People don't want to race mod. Look no further than all the semi-pro drivers that are still racing stock and 19T at big events, and don't even glance toward mod. For this style of racing, love it or hate it, it's too much for all but a select few.

The Novak 4300 is a 10.5 turn brushless. It's ancient, and when Novak first released their motors, they used the kV rating as the naming scheme, which is why we've got the 4300 and 5800. I hope they rename them to the 10.5 and 8.5, as that would make more sense, and would fit into their naming scheme better. I imagine if another manufacturer comes out with a 10.5 turn brushless, we'll find a way to integrate it into the "4300" class, and then we can rename it the "10.5T Brushless Class." But, here we are 4 years later, and people are still struggling to get anything to market. And even then, nobody other than Novak has even attempted to bring a slower brushless to market. Should racers really sit around for 5 years and wait for these other companies to catch up before they move on? I think not.