R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR to 4 cell....
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 08:22 AM
vtl1180ny
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AdrianM
I hear you.

Off road is the real problem. 90% of off road track have zero traction compared on road. As a result they are not having the same issues we are. Only 4WD Mod buggies on blue groove tracks are running into motor and speedo trouble. In 2wd Mod Buggy and Truck many drivers are running 5 cells on their own because it faster and easier to drive.

As far as RTR. The companies I have talked to have no problems with 4 cell. They say all they need to do is spec a lower wind motor. From a maintanance point of view 4 cell RTR is way better because brush and comm wear is drastically reduced. Production costs for the companies that include packs with the RTR kits are also lower.
Off Road's problem is that they are pretty much trying to run off road on concrete!!! Actually, running on concrete would be better since you'd get more traction than this hard packed clay.... I ran off road when we rad on real dirt, with real ruts and they'd get worse during the day and that was half the fun....

Still.... I can use my 6 cell packs in any of my 10th scale vehicles... Once TC goes to 4 cell I can no longer do that....

Many of the basher crowd are going LiPo... When you start spec'ing TC's for 4 cell you lose these guys....