View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 08:09 AM   #2397
darkfox
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

To be strictly TCS legal we're going to have to stick to Tamiya hop-ups, which is fine because most of their stuff is good. I read over the rules and spoke with snopro31 when we were braving the icey highways all the way to our WCICS event this last weekend and it looks like only Tamiya bodies are allowed as well.

So. My question becomes, why can't we use HPI bodies? They are the same thickness, density and all that lovely stuff, but they just look more trick. If you're wondering what I'm talking about here's a quick rundown.

There's three M03 chassis available.

M03 - which has a Tamiya Rover body for it, and HPI makes a "Mini Rover" body that has a cool little wing and extended front grill.

M03M - which has a Tamiya Swift body, but HPI also makes a VW Jetta hatchback body for that looks pretty sweet.

M03L - which has a Tamiya BMW Mini Body for it, and HPI also makes a Civic hatchback body that will fit it.

Again the question comes, why can't we use bodies other than Tamiya? I'm sure there's lots of people who prefer the standard bodies, but I for one love my HPI Rover body that I picked up, it just looks more....racy...you know?

Oh, and 3Racing makes lots of hop-ups for Tamiya stuff, but their stuff isn't TCS legal, Tamiya has a part number, but no picture, for the new M03M arms in a hopup metal version.
darkfox is offline   Reply With Quote