R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Driving Etiquette - Read & Learn
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 12:10 AM
Im2lazy
Tech Master

Default Re: Blocking/protecting your line

Originally posted by popsracer
Protecting one's line is fine if you can keep up the pace. I would call blocking when your noticeably slower and it is the only way to keep the line. If you block, expected to get pushed out of the way eventually, especially if others are bearing down on your pursuer. That's why I love sweeping corners so much, I can usually drive right down against the inside edge and go under everybody else without incident. This can be risky though as Joe Hack may cut the corner dot and run you into the boards.
I agree with you all the way here, but if the guy just won't let you by without giving your car a boot to the boards, then I try to line up coming into a sweeper after a fast section, or a sweeper going into a tight corner, than I square up the wheels and nudge him off the line he's been hoarding ( ). If you do it right, the guy should move about 6-12 inches off his line and tell him, "If you can do this, go for it, just don't be purposefully blocking and/or pushing (into the boards) me out of your position.

In my opinion, its the best move to tell guys that they are in the way without causing havoc, or making that lap 1 second slower for them.