R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The end is near...
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 05:17 AM
pheyhoe
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DrOlds
Capable of winning,but un-welcome.Around here it has been made quite clear that you better not show up with an outdated car.They have gotten it into their heads that if you don't have all new stuff then you are stealing from the hobby shop.And that's not just from the guys behind the counter-it's from the racers themselves.Suggest a budget class(to boost volume)and every hobby shop employee in town has a spasm.

Europeans race in the rain,and on polished wood floors-american racers won't give up their tire sauce.

The biggest threat to the sucess of on-road racing........is on-road racers.
Whoever thinks you are stealing from the hobby for having an old car needs thier head looking at.

You can gurantee those guys are minted and chummy with the model shop. I dont mind people who shell out thousands on RC becasue i would love to. I do mind however when they look down on the people who don't have all the kit. Most of the guys with all the kit are crap anyway. They do their driving sat in their chair talking bullshit to other racers about the latest lightweight diff or a new type of bearing that is "so much better than the old ones".

So yeah, whoever is like that needs a lesson in "how to not be a prick".

It annoys me so much when you get "elite" racers. Arghhh :@