R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR to 4 cell....
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 12:04 AM
nf_ekt
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
Mind you, I also talked to a pro driver that said, yea, that's true, the cars are VERY hard to drive fast. But what ever happened to finesse and driving talent and setup talent to get your car around the track? Setting up your car better so it would turn in on it's own instead of loading in wads of drag brake (which would reduce heat). Using your finger to conserve the tires. Using your head and your talent to make run time and not "use up" the tires, and not get the motor hot. "Everybody today just hammers the throttle". Very few real drivers left. (don't kill the messenger, that's what i was told.)
This is why I like 12th scale. Throttle heads give up quick when they can't get the car to run well. Gotta learn to squeeze it.... But sorta' to go back on topic the response of 4CM has been favorable at my track by those that tried it. Bottom line tires last, less weight=better cornering, less squirming around and the top-end speed is very, very close. And, oh yeah nice to share packs if you run 12th.