R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR to 4 cell....
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 05:43 PM
HarshGuy
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Just catching up on my reading since lunch time.I also hand a phone conversation explaining there side.I'm just one guy on the on-road committee. Now as an X region director I'm just a racer on this committee. The committee and region directors can only make suggestions the Excomm makes the big decisions.
One thing that goes with this discussion that is not mentioned is the brushless motors.This is the new motor and we are in the transittion stage from brushed to brushless. The Brushless will work better in the newer format with less cells.At least that's the way I see it. Try -yes alot of racers in Mod down here in Florida want to try 4 cell mod. That's what I've been told. I'm a big fan of the 13.5 brushless stock class.If I had some others wanting to try it I'm game.If not I guess we'll try it with 6 cells.
I can tell you my personnel feelings about slowing the cars down and new racers. Pan cars got to be too fast but they were 100% easier to work on- even for a new racer. Now you add The new TC and the speed most drivers can't handle plus they spend a lot of money and don't win- there gone in a very short time.The attention span of the new racers now a days is very short especially if they don't win.
Now if people will sit or stand in line for several days to get the new and improved PS3 for 600.00 and what 50.00 plus for games to play on it.People in turn complain about how expensive our hobby is.Get a game and stay inside all day by yourself or get into this hobby get outdoors met others and race .I hate video games don't play them and don't own any. No matter what is decided I'm still a hard core r/c racer and we are getting smaller every day.We need more new racers coming to the tracks and racing.That's the ultimate question here how to get more racers getting into this hobby and moving up the ranks to modifiied.
FYI, when I went out to Speedworld to test the 6 cell --> 4 cell 19T and stock ..I was going to also test brushless (a 4300 i.e. 19T equivalent), but I didn't have a pinion big enough to get 25% more FDR out of my standard gearing ..I needed a 57 tooth pinion ...which even if I ha I don't think I could have fit in my MRE ...the other optino would have been to change spur to like an 83 with a 46 tooth pinion (biggest pinion I own) ...but then again I don't know that it would be physcally posible on my MRE??