R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR to 4 cell....
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 12:27 PM
SWTour
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Advil said:
4 cell will not help anything grow...still have doubts?????? How is the Oval turn out at YOUR track? Yes the MOD Oval turn out...how is it???
Sadly the EXPERT MOD turn out is LOW to NON-EXISTANT, No FACTORY support (the guys who can HANDLE the speed) and a lot of the guys who don't run it say it's TOO Fast (Yes, even w/ 4 cell) However, our STRONGEST Class is Always the "SPORTSMAN MOD" class, but I'm hoping the 19t class will return in '07, along w/ a dedicated BRUSHLESS 4300 class.

So, since the biggest part of this debate I've seen is about SPEED, how about 3 (4) cell classes and 2 (6) cell classes sanctioned to be allowed at "NATIONAL" and REGIONAL" Roar events. For LOCAL racing, as always, it's up to the individual LOCAL program to decide what's best for them.

4 Cell - STOCK
4 Cell - 19t
4 Cell - MOD
6 Cell - Expert 19
6 Cell - Expert Mod

You can NOT cover the field any better than that for speed issues. Require PRE-ENTRY For all major events. The classes w/ NO Pre-Entry by a cut-off date don't get run.

It should not have to be a EITHER/OR situation. If MY track has a 1200 ft HUGE road course track and it can handle 6 cell speeds, it should be able to run them. If YOUR track is only built inside a 20 x 40 box and you don't have a lot of room a 4 cell class may be GReAT. COMPROMISE~