R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR to 4 cell....
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 11:26 AM
DerekB
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Derek,

I am not saying a high voltage solution is wrong, just the amps and volts that our current standard has,in concert with the fine line the manufacturers take is an issue, and I am not saying it that big of one ( IMHO )

I think we have a couple of problems that the solutions are being rolled up in this discussion ( and they have valid points for being talked about together)

And Rick brings up a good point, with out ROAR, like it or lump it where would we be for organized racing in this country.

I got involved with ROAR on the comittee because I wanted to be part of the solution, and not just bitch about it. I dont like all the decisions that are made, but all the people on my team try to come up with solutions that will help the racers, and the racing. Sometimes the best decisions are difficult to make. Keep this in mind though. The comittee's do not make rules, they suggest them.

Tim, I and many others appreciate the time you take. But I don't always think that the larger picture is looked at when rules are being talked about, and posts like this should bring things out into the open. It's like a meeting at the town hall where citizens voice their opinion, and give examples using a 350Z (which I am proud of).

Racers tend to have the most extreme case of tunnel vision and only care about what's good for them. Why do I want everybody to go slower? Because I can't go faster. Shouldn't be the reason for a rule, nor should I'm a manufacturer and my stuff doesn't work. Silly rational. Racers care for only what is good for them. None of these guys probably takes the time to talk to the "newbies" they suddenly care so much for and maybe help them. Would it be hard to go up to somebody and make them go slower individually, which would help them out.

I don't like the thought of this because it's a finger in the dam. Instead of looking at what the reason is a class is slowing down, they look at why they aren't in the A. There are examples in other class, like Nitro, that are the complete opposite of what is going on in electric. They are in the scope, but the two are so far appart. Why is that? It's not speed, it's not manything. I don't like the internal contridiction of those things within the same organization.

Like Spec tires being good for only on-road, or just being picked because they are a sponsor. We seem to mask the real reasons with "excuses" that it's for the racer. It's not, and don't assume that most people won't see through the BS of that.

Tires are the single most expensive item in on-road, yet there is zero rules to limit price or how they wear. Why is that?

All the racers will race, but the larger picture must be looked at in situations like this.