R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR to 4 cell....
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 11:09 AM
eforer
Tech Addict

The way things are now with 6 cell in carpet racing is fine. Mod is really hard and only the best of the best can wheel it. Its the way it should be.

Stock is super competitive and there is a main for everyone at a big race, so if winning a bowling trophy or plaque is really important to you, you get one.

19t is a good meeting point for stock stars and mod drivers. What great proving ground for up and coming talent.

Where's the problem?

At the champs there were no issues with cars shutting off, or motors blowing up. The few issues I've seen in mod during the last year have been with prototype brushless motors. I see no compelling reason to change things.

If the argument is getting people into on-road racing, the savings of 2 cells per pack isn't worth much. At the end of the day it will save maybe 20 bucks on your complete starting setup. It also will make the cars less appealing speed wise without producing any significant savings in terms of tires or motors. IE we still burn through motors in 12th scale and I don't really see tire wear changing enough to justify this.

This whole 4 cell tc thing seems to be a mod rubber tire phenomenon. Cars shut off at the worlds, motors came un-soldered, well if its a billion degree's outside don't run a 6 turn and expect to have no issues. Issues like that are results of poor decision making, not a flaw in the formula.

Switching now would involve really rethinking the chassis designs and cause innumerable problems during the transition period that will only drive out existing racers and confuse people trying to come into the hobby.

I see literally 0 upside to this. Its not damned if you do damned if you don't like everyone says. Its freaking moronic if you do and fine the way it is.

Alot of the posts supporting the argument for 4 cell seems to be based in the same stupid bs about sponsored drivers in stock. It looks to me like the same people are championing the whole, racing is too hard and I don't want to race with talented hard working people to get my worthless plaque.