R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR to 4 cell....
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 10:00 PM
STLNLST
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fred kellner
I for one can't wait until 4 cell goes in effect. I saw a Novack 3.5 on 6 cells it was just too fast to drive, running same lap times as stock 6 cell. I know it would have been perfect with 4 cells. From what I understand run time won't be an issue with brushless, and there will be no more thermal shutdowns. Goodbye brushed mod motors.

Hopefully moving to 4 cell will get some of these guys who only run stock to move to modified.

I bet 90% of the people complaining on this thread only run stock touring car which is slow with 6 cells. I didn't see there names on the modified Cleveland drivers list. So what is the difference if they run 4 cell 19t which is the same speed as 6 cell stock? The only class that is being removed is the 19 turn speed class.

Going to 4 cell stock will give the new drivers a chance to learn how to drive and stop from breaking every time they put their car on the track because 6 cell stock is too fast for them. This will only help this sport grow.
All you points are dead on but my question to you is this. Are we as racers that STUPID that we don't know when we have too much motor? IIf you can't handle a 3.5 with 6 cells then don't run a 3.5. There's a 4.5 and a 5.5 which are milder. The answer isn't dropping cells to run the super hot wind. Motor down and be in control. Most of us complaining run mod, 19, and stock so we have a little say across the board. The rules as written now state nothing more than 6 cells can be run so there's nothing stopping people from running the 4 cells now. Who knows how this whole thing will end up but the one thing I'm sort of glad to see is a bunch of racers together trying to fight the same fight.