R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 09:36 PM
Pro ten Holland

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mark Payne
Arh... good question. The answer is that I dont.

Actually to try is counter productive I think. I made the mistake (also on a 3.2R) of tring to balance out the error in the rear pod by compensating with weight distribution in the "main" part of the chassis.

Dont do that, balance the main part of the chassis in issolation to the rear. Forget about the rear pod inbalance and dont try to correct it in the front.

I have a full discussion of this subject here http://www.rcracechat.com/vb/showthread.php?t=23696

Some of my UK friends are of the opinion that I think about this stuff too much ;-) For background in the argument in the thread above, "PDW" (Pete Winton) is a very intelligent, articulate and experienced 1/12th racer who in my opionion has it wrong on this subject, however, he is not often wrong. On the other hand "Viking" is Mick Farrell who makes me look average in the racing dept!

Mick is from the "chuck it in and race it" school. That is what he says but when you look closely at his car, he is doing all the stuff I try to think about and document, partly by (years of) experience and partly by instinct.

Hope this helps sir!

Been there, done that, bought the wrong teeshirt!

Mark
Thanks for the reply and link!

I tried balancing the rear pod of my 10th scale pancar by adding lead weight. It seemed to work, but when I removed the lead weights, I couldn't really notice any difference. It should be more noticeable on a 12th scale car, but apparantly not!