R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - OS TZ .12 Stuck at TDC
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 08:25 PM
Gambelli
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by theBUZZ
Ok, I tried restarting just before. I reconfigured the starterbox to run earlier, which worked extremely well, the flywheel was moving very fast and cranked over about 4 times (hard to count). This was after heating the engine with new heat gun to about 120 degrees. But, it got stuck at TDC after goign past it 4 times. This is the problem I think: the flywheel is rotating but the piston isnt? Something very wrong here. I have to take the engine out, and rotate the gears which turn the piston, because the flywheel doesn't. Is their a problem with the stock instructions on the flywheel for the Kyosho V One RRR?

Thanks very much for your help guys, it almost got it
Hi There,

I just broke in my OS TZ on a RRR this wekeend. I found it was quite easy although yes, the flywheel got stuck dozens of times during the process. And as everyone else has said, you just need to turn it over with a screwdriver and then rotate it back so it's got the most amount of play ready for another go...its alot of effort but you'll get there...

In regards to heating it up, I did a little bit but nothing major.

But, if your flywheel is slipping then thats a different issue altogether, you need to check your flywheel install and check whether or not you are using a washer on the engine before putting on the flywheel collet, this may or may not help/hinder the tightening of the flywheel.

Also what breaking in method are you using, the OS one or your own?

I'm using the much talked about Josh Cyrul method and once I got into the swing of it this worked a treat, I got 11 tanks through my car in 2 days....

Good luck with it

Steve